Monday, July 21, 2014

MEEHU Recap: Sunday

It was a long, long Saturday at MEEHU and a short Saturday night.  That was unusual for me -- usually Dani and I go off by ourselves, play with each other, and turn in before the party even slows down (meaning, while it's still Saturday night).  This year I stayed up late and played with people, so Sunday morning I was as zombified as everyone else.  A common bond.  ;^)

We had breakfast, during which I was playfully cajoled into doing a little hypno-bondage and a slow freeze on people sitting nearby.  Then a large segment of us trooped into the first classroom to see Dr. Cunning Linguist, a nationally-known teacher of hypnosis and NLP, present on Erotic NLP.  Dr. CL is new to the community (but not to the topic), and he was his usual engaging, humorous self.  The class covered some of the basics of NLP and included a couple of enlightening demos, but he didn't really address the erotic applications until the very end.  People enjoyed the presentation, but there was some honest feedback buzz about the lack of erotic content.  I made mental notes for my own class, which had been moved to Sunday afternoon.

After Dr. CL I had a free period -- well, a period in which I wasn't teaching.  I had some people looking for one-on-one time to ask questions or get pointers, so I spent the period doing that.  Lunch time on the schedule was noon and the menu was lasagna; I don't eat pasta these days, so I figured I'd slip out and grab a Culver's burger while I was in the Midwest.

Fortunately I ran into Mephki on my way out.  She stopped me and said that because of equipment issues in the kitchen, the 1pm classes were all being moved to noon -- meaning now -- and lunch would be at 1.  Being Dr. Mephki, she also asked me if I had eaten and when I admitted I hadn't she brought me a bowl of nice, pasta-free chicken breast.  (Thank you again, Mephki!)

And so I shifted gears and taught Confusion Inductions.  I tranced the room using Terence Watts' From Five to Nine, which NEEHU-goers quickly labeled the "office supplies" induction.  Then Lady Mesmer was kind enough to volunteer for me to demonstrate a rapid confusion induction using a pair of Chinese meditation balls.  For the finale, I pulled out something I had discovered on my bookshelf a week or so before and found too fascinating not to use for this class:  The Mystifying Induction, from Handbook of Hypnotic Inductions by Gafner and Benson (ISBN 0-393-70324-X).  I've had this book for a decade plus and had totally forgotten about this delightfully, almost sadistically, confusing induction.  I delivered it from an outline and notes and dropped my volunteer plus several audience members.

During the rescheduled lunch time I went over my outline for a new class, "Subtle Suggestion."   It's about why and how to combine NLP and hypnosis for scenes.  As I was finishing up, I overheard Felix Krull asking my neighbor SweetGasp to come join his panel on remote hypnosis, as several people who had planned to be there on the panel were unavailable.  SweetGasp had not had lunch yet and, thanks to Mephki, I had, so I took Gasp's place to give her a chance to get food.  With Felix leading and my voice starting to fade out (not in a good way), I let Spiral Turqoise, MissIsis, and Rose_Spells do the majority of the talking.

Next came the highlight of my teaching day:  Subtle Suggestion.  To my absolute delight, one of my favorite trance play partners was right there in front; her presence meant the demo I wanted to do would very likely work exactly as I had hoped.

NLP makes heavy use of anchors -- the ability to elicit an emotional state and then tie it to an unrelated touch, gesture, object, word, or whatever so that when that item/gesture is repeated later the emotional state comes back automatically.  So I used my introduction to elicit a state of arousal, desire, lust, and pleasure, and anchored that state to myself and to the empty chair in front of me.  Then, as I explained how NLP works and why one might use it in conjunction with conventional erotic hypnosis, I manufactured as many opportunities as I could to use words like pleasure, arousal, erotic, desire, and such.  Each time I said one of those key words, I tapped the back of the empty chair.  I watched my front row and I could tell that several of them were showing signs of interest in the chair.  I chose the most responsive one and had her come sit in the chair.  From my vantage point behind the chair I couldn't see her face when she sat down, but I did see her shudder.  All that anchoring was doing exactly what I wanted.  All it took was a few indirect suggestions to induce a good, strong orgasm.

As my demo volunteer started to orgasm, I instinctively did what I always do in demos like that -- I put my hands on her upper arms to make sure she didn't fall over.  And it occurred to me that this is also a powerful way to create an anchor, which created what we like to call a Teachable Moment.  I let my volunteer finish her orgasm and recover for a minute, then I explained to the class that when someone experiences a powerful emotional state, an innocent touch as that emotion peaks can become an anchor that triggers the emotional state when used.  And I placed my hands on her upper arms again.  She shuddered and moaned all over again, right on cue, and I gave her another orgasm.  (And in the process held her up, as I always do, until she gasped out, "Will you please take your hands off my shoulders!?" -- she couldn't stop coming while I was inadvertently still firing the anchor.  So I moved my hands to the tops of her shoulders instead until she was steady in the chair again.)

I actually hadn't prepared enough material -- we finished up 20 minutes early, so I did some general Q&A and then it was time for the final class of the day, "All the Way Down."  This is the class I first did at NEEHU 5, about taking someone ridiculously deep and why that can be awesome.  Since Dani was not at the con I recruited a demo bottom from the San Francisco contingent.  The class was smaller than the others, which helped because my projected speaking voice was pretty much shot; all I had left was the hypno-voice, which doesn't carry well.  My volunteer performed admirably, going into the Esdaile state with ease and coming out again on cue (not something one can always take for granted when people go into that state because it feels so good).

There was a general plan to have a group dinner at a steak and seafood house up the street.  In the interim, I did some coaching and observing with another hypnotist and their demo bottom (really more observing than coaching -- the hypnotist knew what he was doing and just lacks confidence).  We had a lovely dinner and came back for an unscheduled, informal Sunday night play party while we still had exclusive access to the floor.  I did a couple of one-on-one sessions, one light-hearted and fun, the other a heavy impact hypno-flogging scene with multiple concurrent sensory illusions going along with it.  At one point my scene partner panted, "Are you sure you're not a sadist?"  I told her I'm not, but I can play one for a short scene.  ;^)

I wandered down to the Rainbow Room, where a game of Hypnotic Truth or Dare was in progress.  Lee Allure goaded me (okay, it took very little goading!) into taking a turn or two, then we retired to a private place for an extended friendly talk, something we almost never get to do when we're in EEHU mode.  Come to think of it, parts of that talk are kind of hazy ... she may have exercised the blanket consent I've given her to play with my mind during down times.

With all the extracurricular play and the need to pack, I got exactly 2 hours of sleep Sunday night before it was time to get up and go catch a plane home.  During the flight, I amused myself by compiling a few meaningless statistics:

My MEEHU
  • Classes/panels presented/joined:  10
  • Private non-erotic hypnosis sessions done:  5
  • Consultations:  2
  • Copies of Mind Play sold:  12
  • Hypnotic play dates:  6
  • Casual hypno-encounters (short trances between classes):  17 estimated
That's not counting the people I hypnotized during classes for demo purposes.  No wonder my voice is shot.  But it was SOOOOOOO worth it!

Only 2 months until WEEHU!


No comments:

Post a Comment